Easter Egg Salad
- Chicken in the Garden -
Next weekend is Easter, so here I am to share my fun Chicken-in-the-Garden egg salad.
So simple and easy, yet a great crowd pleaser thanks to the cute chicken in the centre :p
Ingredients (makes for 4)
5 eggs, boiled and peeled
1/4 cauliflower, cooked, stalk and florets separated
1 bunch broccolini, cooked, stalks and florets separated
1 slice carrot (for decoration)
2 sesame seeds (for decoration)
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp honey
2 Tb plain yoghurt
- To make the chicken... cut and trim the carrot slice to make the beak and the crest. Take one egg and make a slit through the top end. Insert the crest. Carefully make a small hole in the centre of the egg and insert the beak. Place two sesame seeds for the eyes.
- Slice the rest of the eggs (4 of them) in to wedges.
- Cut the stalks of cauliflower and broccolini in to small cubes (or slice them if you like).
- Assemble all salad ingredients. Scatter sliced eggs and stalks of cauliflower and broccolini over the plate. Then place the florets over to make a garden (or a forest). Place the chicken in the centre.
- To make the dressing... Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- To serve... Drizzle the dressing over the salad right before serving.
Have fun cooking!