I woke up this morning craving for some granola.
Unfortunately I had none prepared... Instead I had a bag full of good old oats and I thought,
"well I can whip up some granola myself!"
So here's a 4-minute crispy and crunchy oats. Perfect with some yoghurt and fruits of choice.
I had some really nice, ripe, peaches. I wanted to bake them but didn't have the time, so instead microwaved them to get that tender and juicy texture and then browned them in the fry pan.
You can really get this ready in 4 minutes, if not 3. Perfect for a busy morning :)
Crunchy Oats with Plump Peach and Yoghurt
Ingredients (serves 2):
For the crunchy oats...
1 cup Rolled oats
1 tsp Oil (cold pressed extra virgin olive oil is my choice)
2 ripe peaches, halved and stone removed
1/2 cup Natural or Greek yoghurt, plain, unsweetened
- Place the halved and stoned peaches in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it at 1000W for 90sec. You'll get juices at the bottom but that's okay - you can drizzle them later when eating.
- Measure out rolled oats and oil in a measuring cup. Mix well with a fork or spoon to ensure all oat pieces are covered thinly with oil.
- Heat a pan over Low. Spread the oil-covered oats evenly and let it brown for 1 minute. When browned, stir continuously for another minute. Transfer the oats to a separate bowl or a plate to cool. You don't have to wash the pan yet though! Don't turn off the heat either.
- Transfer the peach halves to the pan with the sliced face down. Let it brown for 30 seconds. Turn off heat.
- Now put them all together (remember to share everything between the two). Place yoghurt on the bottom of your bowl. Top two peach halves. Then sprinkle the oats. Drizzle the peach juice. ENJOY!
Ready at the table to eat in 4 minutes!
And in another 5 minutes it's half gone.
This breakfast is so easy that the kids can make it themselves too.
Just keep an eye out when using the stove top for the young ones.